Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Am I delusional or what?


Today, I decided to bake hamburgers buns, cinnamon rolls and pan rolls. As I was slaving away baking using my KitchenAid Mixer to do the kneading, my relatively new Whirlpool oven to do the baking, standing in my air conditioned kitchen, I thought, "Wow!!! This is just like Little House on the Praire."

Snicker. Sometimes, I just have to laugh at myself. Can you imagine what Laura would have thought of our easy lives? Yet, we complain that we don't have enough. I have always said that I could be like that Proverbs woman if I had servants to order around. But, what I have is really just as good! I have appliances. I have never had to worry about one of my children dying from a childhood disease. I have never HAD to walk anywhere unless I chose to walk. If I decide to sew, I have a wonderful sewing machine. I have never had to weave cloth to make my family's clothing.

Yeah, boy.... my life is just like Little House on the Praire.

I have often wondered if I didn't live in such a wonderful time, would my family have suffered from want? Would I have worked hard and provided beautiful clothing, wonderful gardens filled with bounty? Would I have slaved on wash day, hauling water from a creek?

So, today, in my little mind, I had my sweet delusion of being a pioneer mom but I thankfully rejoiced that God allowed me to be born into a world of modern inventions!

Cinnamon rolls anyone?

Blessings,
Debbie

2 comments:

TXArtcGal said...

They sure do look tasty!!...

I often wonder what I would have been like had I lived in Pioneer times. Would I have the same personality?...or would I be a totally different person.

Debbie B said...

I think that I would have been skinny! Honestly, I would not be alive because I had such complications when pregnant with Michael that I would have bled to death. I am so thankful to be alive today. I am so thankful for modern medicines!