Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Diplomas

After starting and stopping and starting and stopping, I finally managed to complete a college degree. This has been a desire of mine for years. However, due to life's circumstances, it got put on hold several times. I received my diploma in in the mail with an official graduation date of April 4, 2008 which was one day after my fiftieth birthday. Mark bought me a frame for it.

Well, I went into the office with it and looked at the available wall space. LOL We have a large window on one wall the back wall is lined with bookcases and over the desk is "Mark's shrine" (LOL).

Mark's wall!


Now, granted, I hung all of those diplomas, ordinations, and awards up to honor my sweet husband. This man means the world to me. I am proud of him and can't imagine my life without him.

A favorite picture of my Wonderful Husband and me!


Spring Concert at Brewton Parker College


However, back to me and my diploma, I then turned to the remaining wall and managed to find a small space to hang my diploma over the piano along with other stuff of Mark's - his antique music and a cross-stitch that I made for him when our sons, Bobby and Michael, were young.

Finally, my little lonely Diploma!

7 comments:

Wendy aka "Grits" said...

Aw, I don't think your diploma looks lonely. Congrats again!

Noel said...

Congrats!
Your Degree looks just great!
Love you,
Noel

Fairlight said...

That looks like the perfect spot for your diploma. Congratulations!

Noel said...

Mrs. Debbie,
Thank you for praying for me, I passed State Boards! Praise the LORD.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
Love you,
Noel

Leah-Joy said...

That is AWESOME!!! I hope I can hang one up one day! Thank you for your example!

r said...

Congratulations!!! Well done!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!! I also have been in and out of college most of my adult life. I received my AD in my 20's, my BS in my 30's, now in my 40's i have 2 semesters remaining to finish my MS. But that will have to wait for Cody to finish High-school...all in good time! Congrats again!
Jenny S.