Monday, April 16, 2007

Some more diet news.....

This is our fourth day on the 90 Day Immune System Makeover and things are going good. One of the best things, for me, has been that I have NOT been awakened during the night at all with the severe leg cramps! This is amazing. I also purchased a 4 inch Serta memory foam topper for our bed which arrived on Friday, too. God seems to be working all this things together.

Three wonderful nights of excellent sleep. This is making a huge difference in the way that I feel, too.

Back to the effects of the makeover. I have lost about 7 pounds. I have successfully come off caffeine and already my head is clearer. We had a cold front come in and usually that causes me to have pain in my joints especially my hands and shoulders. However, since coming off the sugar, I have not had that experienced joint pain with this weather change.

From what I am reading, refined sugar is very damaging to our bodies. I told Mark yesterday while driving to church, that if I need to totally stop eating the stuff in order to feel good, that I was willing. I have been feeling so very bad and that has an impact on all areas of your life. I plan on living at least another 40 years and I want the same health report on me that Moses had at 120 years old!

I remember years ago that my doctor told me that I always needed to keep my weight below the chart level because of my bones. I am tall, a little over 5' 7" but I have narrow bones. He said that extra weight or even weighing the chart weights would be hard on my bones and that I would develop problems. He told me this when I was in my 20's. I was not overweight in my 20's. In fact, I weighed below 130 pounds. But, in your 20's, you think that you are going to live forever. You don't think that your body is going to fail you and you take your health for granted.

So, that's where we are at on Day 4 of our journey to good health.

Blessings,
Debbie


No comments: