Monday, November 01, 2010

My friend, Nanette, was here this week-end

We had a lovely time.

Anyway, she got here around 4 on Friday afternoon. I had been grocery shopping with Paul and I had gotten back and put everything up and put the chicken in to roast. When Nanette got here... she made the MOST wonderful chicken soup.

Then we visited and went to shopping. We went to Bealls and I bought some really pretty Christmas cards and a Christmas candle. Nanette started her Christmas shopping for her mom and sisters.

Then, we went to Wally World... and After seeing my roaster.... it's like.... oh...... major old and horrible.... She BOUGHT me a NEW roaster with a lid and a rack!!! I am SO excited!!! She shouldn't have done it.... but, I am KEEPING it. I can't wait to use it.

She bought more groceries. She made waffles Saturday for brunch. She got stuff to make tuna pasta salad for Saturday and she made us shepherd's pie for Sunday. However, Saturday evening, I remembered that yesterday at church was staff appreciation Sunday and the church did a meal. So, I will be using the the Shepherd's pie for dinner today.

She left Saturday afternoon. I wish she could have stayed longer. We caught up with her children and grandchildren. Her and Bob's children are all married and either have lovely children or are expecting them!! It's exciting to see how wonderful they have all turned out.

We met in 1987 at SBTS. I love her and her family. When we lived in FL, we spent many a holiday with her mom, dad and sisters' families... even when Nanette and Bob couldn't be there. God was so good to me in supplying me with new family after my children were kidnapped. Nanette and her entire family have always, always blessed us.

Anyway.... I love her like a sister!

The dinner at church was wonderful We probably have the best cooks in the world. It was a good day. Betty, our pianist at church, organized a skit that was so funny. Also, her son and family came and sang during our service. I student-taught with Kim, her daughter-in-law, and it was so good to see her.

Saturday night, I had not gotten any sleep. I was up with my eyes in pain every hour. Finally, yesterday I increased it using the mucus mist script up another dose. I will tell my eye doctor that on Thursday. By, yesterday at around 3, I couldn't see because both eyes were so red and blurred. However, the script did wonders and they improved greatly by last night.

After being up and going and honestly it felt GOOD to be out, I wanted to get to do things with Nanette. She kept telling me to sit down; but, the predisone deceives me into believing that I feel okay by last night my knees felt like jelly! I stayed on the sofa with them propped up. They still feel weak right now. But, the predisone should kick in a bit.

Today, I hope to get an assignment done for school. It's a word study. I have already started it. It should be interesting.

Mark has a long day; well, actually he had a long week. Paul needs to get his work packet down to GameStop and pick up his Eagle notebook today. I saw Michael at church yesterday.

So, that's a run down on my week-end. I feel blessed.

Oh, tomorrow is VOTING!!! Go vote!!

Debbie

No comments: