Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 28

Hi all,

I am going full-steam on this next class (Old Testament Survey)and loving it! While there is a huge amount of reading, I am managing to get through everything. I am working one week ahead which is a great feeling. The assignments are varied which keeps everything new and fresh. This professor is truly trying to connect with the class and that's been refreshing. My last two were rather non-involved and didn't interact or give feedback. So, I am pleased to have Dr. Brooks this time.

I have to say that we serve in the most wonderful, loving church. I think that some folks are simply in tune with the Holy Spirit. Sheila, from my Sunday School class and a friend, is bringing over our dinner this afternoon and visiting. I think that another lady or two may be coming over, also. I am looking forward to that fellowship. I have made it to church the past two Sundays but not to Sunday school due to the drug's side-effects that I take on Friday. Saturday and Sunday morning are difficult for me.

Oh, I know that I said that I wasn't having to take a chemo pill, well, I was wrong. The drug that I take on Friday is a form of chemo which explains the lovely side-effects. I don't think it's as bad on me as it could be and for that I am grateful.

The weather has been pleasant lately but today it's rainy -which I image that the area farmers need. I love the fall - everything about it - the trees, the smells, and colors and fall decorations. It also means that Thanksgiving is around the corner which is one of Mark's favorite holidays. He can visit with family and friends, eat all his favorite foods, have time off from work, and NOT have to worry about spending money and buying gifts. This year is really tight since the school cut his pay by over $4,000 and they had already really cut his pay last year. But, we are grateful for his job and he respects his principal.

Paul got a holiday job at GameStop and is on top of the world. Hopefully, he will start next week. They have to process his package. This job should be right up his alley. Billy is supposed to be scheduling Paul's Eagle Board of Review. And, I HOPE that happens quickly. I would love to have his ceremony in mid-December. And, it will take a while for everything to come back to me.

Michael is still enjoying his last year in college. He likes living on campus and it's amazing how much food we keep having left-over since he isn't living here. I need to adjust amounts that I prepare.

Well, that's my update. I hope that this day brings each of you joy in Christ.

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: