Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 21, 2010

First class of the semester is complete and I managed to get an A. I began working on my next class which is Old Testament Survey. I love it! Unfortunately, it has more reading than I anticipated but my eyes are handling it with God’s grace and help.

The doctor didn’t start me on the chemo pill – I am taking that to mean that he didn’t get a lupus diagnosis. That’s a praise. My eye doctor told me that he suspected that my rheumatologist would continue looking for another connective tissue disease because of my others numbers.

I have been trying to read up on Sjogren’s Syndrome and I got some good advice especially regarding my dry mouth and numbness in my feet. My knees are giving me fits right now. They are really swollen and painful. But, I have been blessed in that Mark and Paul are allowing me to rest.

My husband has been so wonderful to me. He is so busy with his jobs; yet, he has been sacrificing for me. I am always amazed at his goodness and devotion.

Today was a good day in that I got tons accomplished with school and I made a nice dinner for Paul and Mark. I fixed them pot roast with potatoes and carrots and did some green beans. Of course, I am not eating beef, so I had green beans and eggs. Oh, and I had some applesauce mixed with steal cut oats. Yum.... not! Hahaha

I gave up my church responsibilities for a season, so that my eyes can continue to heal. I miss teaching but we are so fortunate to have godly people at our church who are so willing to step in and take over. I am planning on singing in the Christmas cantata and Mark has asked me to sing a solo, too.

One of the church members painted Mark’s church office as part of Pastor Appreciation month. Lauri and I picked out the colors. It looks wonderful. After we get his office decorated, I’ll post some photos. I am going to move his diplomas and awards and hang them in his office. I also want to include some family photos. Anyway, it will be a work in progress!

Blessings to each of you. Thanks for your prayers.
Debbie

No comments: