Thursday, July 24, 2008

Seeing God's hand.....

July 24, 2008

Well, I have made it through three days of new hire training. The first two days, the class was on Classroom Management. Besides, those two days, we have to meet one hour a month for the next four months and we have homework to submit. Today and tomorrow’s class is on Vocabulary. Our system has adopted a specific vocabulary program in which all of the teachers receive training and need to follow. Next week, I will attend three days of classes on Teaching Strategies.

I have had the opportunity to meet several of the fifth grade teachers. They all seem extremely nice. I look forward to collaborating with each of them.

The lady that I gave my Language Arts position to is precious. I really like her. This is her first year back in the classroom after eight years of being a stay-at-home mom. Her certification is in High School Language Arts. I believe that God was in this change. It will be much easier for me to teach math than for her to teach it. She has four children ranging in age from two to ten years old. Plus, she has to take several Georgia certification tests. I am fully certified and will not have near as much on me in regard to young children or having to prepare for the GACE test.

I wanted to say that I see where God was involved in this decision. I am glad that I submitted to letting go of the Language Arts. I am still not thrilled about the math but I see God’s purpose and plan.

Mark and I are considering and checking into adoption. We would love to adopt a little girl. Of course, I would take an infant, but we are leaning toward a four or five year-old. Please keep us in prayers as we pray and seek God’s direction in this decision. Since Paul is Asian, we would love to adopt another Asian child; however, this desire in not set in stone. We were simply thinking that two of our children would have that common link which would be nice.

We haven’t discussed this with our sons. If God continues to lead us and opens some financial doors for us, we will talk to them. I know that they would fully support our decision.

4 comments:

Leah-Joy said...

I pray that you do get to adopt! The child would have some of the greatest parents in the world!

Thank you for praying for Rose and Jack! We have been approved to adopt two children!!!!

Our God is an Awesome God!!!

Noel said...

You and your family will be in my prayers Mrs. Debbie.
Love you
Noel

Deborah said...

Wow! What a lot of classes to take after having gone through what you did to get your degree!! I hope that they are helpful. I hope you meet wonderful people and make great friends. You will be such an asset to the staff, in more ways than just being a great teacher.

Have a wonderful school year!

Graham said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know Leah got an art teaching job at Sumter Middle School in Americus. It's an hour and 15 minute drive one way, but she is excited about it. Pray for protection as she travels and her classroom management skills. Also getting there on time!!!!! I'm glad you're OK with the math change. Glad for your new friend. I meet your old friend Kim Fernandez tomorrow.