Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summer Vacation is over......

The dog days of summer are definately here; however, life has moved quickly forward into the school year. Our family is on four different school schedules. ugh! Paul attends High School here in town. Mark works in another county. Michael's college schedule starts later than both and my college semester is different from everyone's. I have noticed that none of our spring breaks seem to coincide this year. That should be real interesting. I do believe that I will be Demonstration Teaching in Mark's system come January, so at least, he and I will have the same schedule.

Paul is getting sick but he told me that school is a must and he can't miss any days or he'll get behind. He is spending hours doing homework each evening and he looks totally exhausted. Last night he told me that he needed to take some breathing treatments. That's a first. Paul will usually fight having to sit and do those so I am concerned about my sweet boy's health.

Michael started his job on campus which is great because he needed an income. He will be working 20 hours a week while in school. That shouldn't interfere with his study time too much.

Mark has been working non-stop trying to get his band ready for the first game. He started with the students nearly two weeks before school officially got underway.

Things at church have been great. We really love our church. I just wish it was closer. I feel like we can't fellowship with our members. That's the difficult thing about serving in a church that is not in the community. Mark has picked out the Christmas cantata. He is planning to begin rehearsals on it by Sept.

Right now with the weather so horrible, I can hardly imagine singing Christmas music. Oh, well.

That's a little update on our lives.

Blessings,
Debbie

1 comment:

TobyBo said...

Deb, I don't know if Paul uses a peak flow meter to help him know when the asthma is starting, if he doesn't, you might want to check with your doctor about it, sometimes it helps head off nasty attacks.