Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another thought on Homeschooling....

I used to freak out if I realized that what I was trying to do with the kids in the way of certain curriculum or subjects wasn't working. It does kind of make me sick at the thought of spending more money to buy another curriculum. However, sometimes, we just have to bite the bullet. I need to try this and it's still cheaper than a tutor for this child.

I told my husband several weeks ago (when it was still January) that Paul was really having difficulty in math and that I needed to hire a tutor. Mark's comment was that he would try to teach Paul his math. Well, he hasn't spent one moment trying. I knew that he wouldn't. I told Mark that WE had to do something to help Paul with his math and that he hadn't tried teaching him at all over the past few weeks.

Honestly, I think that he meant too but for some reason he just doesn't help me school the boys. I have also put him in charge of setting up private bass lessons for Paul. I have reminded him for three weeks. I am going to call him - again, this morning - and see if he's done it. It made sense to me to ask him to set these lessons up since Mark is over at Brewton Parker every Monday and is surrounded by musicians. Again, he just doesn't think about it.

Well, now I am really off of here.

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: