Monday, July 04, 2005

And, I thought this was a good idea.

I used to have a carport that we could park under but it has been taken over by my son and his friends. No longer a place to park my van it has become skateboard central.

When Mark and I decided to have Mark do Passport2Purity with Paul, we foolishly asked Paul what he wanted the fun activity to be with his dad. I was thinking an amusement park or something along those lines. No such luck. He wanted to build a half pipe. Mark reluctantly agreed; however, the half pipe turned into a launching ramp.


The pictures that are posted is the new and LOWERED launch ramp. ***sigh*** The higher ramp Launched the first teen to test it out into space. That was a pretty scary sight and YET, the other boys were still going to attempt to make it work. Finally, after many FALLS and smashes, they ended up sitting on their boards and riding down the ramp.

First thing the next morning, Mark LOWERED the ramp and life hasn't been the same. We have an average of 7 to 9 kids out there daily ranging in age from 12 to 16. Paul told me that we are the coolest parents in the neighborhood. I am wondering if this is a good thing coming from a kid who tried to move his tramp NEXT to the pool so he and his friends could jump into the water from the tramp?



Does anyone KNOW how loud 9 boys can get on a carport while skateboarding? Does anyone know HOW much food they can consume or cola they can drink? I do.

Does anyone know how terrible teens can smell after skateboarding for hours in the Florida heat?

But despite the noise, the smell, the chaos, I am so glad that these kids are here and not just out roaming around town. Our pool is well used, the carport no longer exist for cars, and the trampoline is a SAFE distance away from the pool. We are considered cool and if we can keep that relationship with our son and his friends over the next years, we might just survive adolescence with this kid!

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: