Monday, November 07, 2011

Desserts....

The Woman's Club is helping to supply desserts to the Veteran's Day Luncheon Celebration this coming Friday. I decided that I wanted to try and come up with something that I haven't made before... something southern.... something fruity.... something yummy. So, I have been hunting for a lemon bar recipe and I found one. I am going to try to make it tonight and let my family test it out. I am not even sure that they like lemon bars since I have never made them. If they look pretty... I'll post a few pictures later on!

Of course, sometimes I have to wonder if I decide to *try* new things.... in order to have a legitimate excuse to not write a paper or read some of the endless reading for school.
.......

Later on.... Actually the next morning. I cut the squares and plated them up. Now, the first one sort of ripped to pieces but after demolishing it, the others happily came out of the pan.



And, now a closeup of the little delights!


And, of course here's Toby... waiting patiently. He's thinking that momma will give him a lemon square!


Oh, I want to give credit for this recipe. I found it at a fun blog called Less Cake More Frosting.

2 comments:

Graham said...

I love lemon bars. I've even tried my recipe with other flavors of cake mixes, but lemon is my favorite. Yours look awesome!

Debbie B said...

These were made from scratch - no cake mix was used! LOL