Friday, July 20, 2007

Summer is passing by all too quickly!

I have said this before and I really mean - the world is spinning faster from when I was a child. Remember when you had to wait forever for your birthday or Christmas to arrive? Now, I don't seem to have the time to anticipate events before they are upon me. Mark's band camp starts next week! This is our last week of sleeping in and nice leisurely breakfasts while we watch the ducks on the pond and the hummingbirds at their feeder. I want to cement these days in my mind. I want to remember to enjoy each moment of every day - no matter what I am doing.

We are so blessed. Our sons are wonderful. Our home is secure. Our marriage is strong. Our churches are loving. God has placed friends in our lives that bless us. However,time is moving too fast. I stay so busy that I somedays forget to stop and simply rejoice at all that I see.

We have had a busy summer. We vacationed, had house guests for a week and a half, did some remodeling of the kitchen and guest bathroom. That job was forced on us since our cabinets fell off the wall. Paul has been gone three weeks to camps. Michael has taken it easy. He did list some items on ebay and made a few dollars. I have been frantically trying to finish up my Foundation in Education classes in order to get ready for Demonstration Teaching in January. I am still amazed at how quickly that I have been able to work on this degree. That's a blessing, too.

It's wonderful to see long term goals and dreams begin to come into being. Paul is starting public school this year. He will be a Freshman. Amazing. It seems like yesterday that I was picking up a five week old baby. God is good.

Michael will be a Junior this year after his first semester. He has gotten a job on campus and will also be serving in Student Government. He is also one of the leaders for new student orientation at his campus.

Mark will be preaching on July 29 and August 5 in Dr. Perry's absence. He is finishing up writing his band show - which has to be completed before Monday morning. He is doing a Disney theme show this year. It should be fun for the students.

This will be the first year that I haven't homeschooled at least one of my children since 1980! That's a lot of years homeschooling. I hope Paul likes attending school and that he does great in his classes. That is my sincere prayer for him this year.

Right now, I need to complete a few more assignments so I can begin to study for my Basic Skills exams. These are the first series of exams that I have to take to get my teaching certification from Georgia. I take those on August 4. What fun! I start piano lessons on August 9. It looks like I have picked up two extra students for this year.

I hope that life continues to be sweet and peace reigns in our home. May God's presence light all of our paths and may His grace and love guide our thoughts and words.

Blessings,
Debbie

No comments: